Do you have a new little Vizsla pup? If so, it’s time to think about what you will name them! There are many names out there that would work for your furry friend. So, let me tell you some of the best Vizsla names for you to start a new pet journey.
There are various names like Appie, bam-bam, Ruger, Riley, Scout, Sadie, Sugar, Samson, Smokey, Sunny, Fido. Mavis, Lola, Brandy, Lenny, Whitney, Tucker, Fang, etc. for your Vizsla. You can choose any one of these names according to the personality of the dog you have.
This blog post will help by going over 10 of the best names that fit your Vizslas personality. We’ll also talk about some unique and famous ones too. Plus, we’ll go through some names that aren’t ideal for this breed before we wrap things up.
Why Is It Necessary To Name Your Vizsla?
Naming your Vizsla is more than just a way to call it. It’s an act of love, and that you care about this furry friend enough to give them their own identity separate from the rest.
It’s important to give your dog a name so that you can identify them. It also helps with training because it’s easier for the dog to remember their name than many random commands.
60 Best Names For Your Vizslas
Some people have trouble with naming their Vizsla. They want to choose a name that is the perfect fit for them and what they are like, but it’s not always easy to find one on your own. Vizslas are quite popular so think about that before naming them.
Below are some names that would work well as a future Vizsla name. Some of the best names for your Vizsla are:
- Sunny Day
- Tucker (This is a trendy name)
- Fang (A good choice if your dog is more aggressive)
- Airelle (French)
- Cozette (French)
- Major (A good choice if your dog is more aggressive)
- Pooka (Irish)
- Cookie, Cookie Monster (If you have a sweet tooth and love to bake)
- Annie (This is a prevalent name)
- Balou (French)
- Bammie (German and Dutch)
Unique Vizsla Names
One of the best things about your dog is that they are one-of-a-kind, and you want to give them a unique name for their personality. Here are some names that would make an excellent choice:
A few names that are unique for your dog would be Barky, Bruiser, or Duke. These names are good because they sound more like the name of a Vizsla than some other dog breeds might.
Other Unique Names For Vizsla:
- “Rags” – given to him as a pup, and it just stuck
- “Nala” – Here to life long mate of Simba from The Lion King.
- “Bones” – because he loves bones so much!
- “Oliver” – for his love of playing with balls in the backyard.
- “Louie,” or simply “Lou,” – because he always needs a nap.
- “Pepper Potts” -after the attractive and intelligent female supporting character in Marvel’s film, “Avengers: Infinity War.”
- “Potter,” or simply “Pottie,” – from the Harry Potter Series.
- “Dobby” – Famous character from Harry Potter. (Dobby’s last words before dying in Harry’s arms were, “Such a beautiful place, to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friend, Harry Potter.” I cannot imagine naming your Vizsla anything more beautiful than this.)
- Dobbinsy – because she likes to eat so much.
- “Apple,” or “Appie,” – for her love of apples and apple-flavored treats!
- Bobbie- This is a good choice for your Vizsla because it sounds like the name of an English man. (Or shorten it just to “Bob.”)
What Should I Name My Male Vizsla?
If you have a male vizsla pup and you’re looking for his perfect name, then consider Buddy, Bandit, or Stripe.
What Should I Name My Female Vizsla?
If you have a female vizsla pup and are looking for the perfect name, consider Siren, Sadie, or Sasha. These names sound like they fit your Vizsla’s personality best because of their meaning or sound.
Pearl, or Pearly for a female Vizsla. It is an old-fashioned name that means “clarity and brilliancy”, which can be perfect to describe your loyal pet! Pearl would also make a good name because it is a gemstone.
Names for females vizslas can be just as hard to find. Here are some that would work very well:
- Ava – French name meaning ‘bird’ or ‘nest of love.’
- Pippa, from the Harry Potter Series. (This is a trendy choice.)
- Michelle (French)
- Nina (Latin: “the girl who brings good news”)
- Kiki (Japanese)
- Bella, from the Harry Potter Series. (This is a trendy name.)
- Pollyanna – “The Optimist” for her optimism and love of life!
- Tiffany – Meaning ‘manifold’ or ‘to cover with layers.’,” It is perfect because your Vizsla is a very loyal pet that will always be there for you no matter what!
- Anais – French meaning ‘grace.’
- Nala, from The Lion King. (This is a good choice if your dog has darker fur.)
- Ruby- Meaning red gemstone or crimson color of blood)
- Amethyst – Greek meaning ‘not intoxicated.
- Ziggy Zaggy
- Sylvia, from the Harry Potter Series. Sylvia comes from the Latin word meaning “clear, bright.”
- Alicia – This is a popular choice for female Vizsla names because it means ‘noble.’
- Isabella – Meaning ‘consecrated to God’ or ‘pledge of fidelity.’
- Pinkie (if you want your dog to have the same name as her litter)
- Nymeria (You know if you were a fan of GOT series)
Some Famous Vizslas Names
Yes! Famous Vizsla names include Ruger, Riley, Scout, Sadie, Sugar, Samson, Smokey, Sunny Day, and Mavis. You can choose these names because their sound or meaning is perfect for your Vizsla.
Whiskey will also be an excellent name for your vizsla as there is one Vizsla Dog in Canada with this name known for his adventurous trip with its owner.
You’ve got a lot of great names to choose from for your Vizsla pup! First, make sure you think about what the name means or sounds like and if it is more appropriate as a male dog’s name, female dog’s name, or both. From there, take some time and think about which one would be best suited for your pup. The perfect name is out there, you just have to find it!