If you are a proud owner of Vizsla, there are many things that you need to take care of. Even though this breed is popular due to its easy-going nature, you still have to do a lot of grooming. It includes regular brushing and cleaning their teeth, just like any other dog breed out there. So, how can you clean your Vizsla’s teeth?
To clean your Vizsla’s teeth, you must use a toothbrush, special dog toothpaste, and dental treats. You can also consider buying at-home teeth cleaning kit if your pet is not very fond of the traditional method that we mentioned earlier. It is best to brush your Vizsla’s teeth at least two times a week to reduce plaque and tartar buildup.
If you want to learn more about how we can clean our Vizsla’s teeth at home, please continue reading this blog post, as we will give you all the information you need.
When Should You Clean Your Vizsla’s Teeth?
It would be best if you brushed your Vizsla’s teeth after every meal. It is crucial to clean their teeth when they are puppies. Also, it will give you a chance to get familiar with the procedure that we mentioned earlier.
If you fail to do this, it will be difficult for you when your pet grows older since most dogs do not like brushing their teeth.
At What Age Should You Start Cleaning Your Vizsla’s Teeth?
It would be best if you started brushing your dog’s teeth as soon as they are born. However, you can also wait until their first tooth comes out. Teething of Vizsla usually starts around the age of two weeks old. If you do not want to brush them at this point, you can still start doing it after you bring them home.
What Are The Things You Need To Clean Your Vizsla’s Teeth?
To clean your Vizsla’s teeth, you need a toothbrush and special dog toothpaste. You can also use dental treats designed for dogs to encourage them to let you brush their teeth without putting up any resistance.
If you opt for this option, we highly suggest that you buy one of the best dental treats on the market. It will help your pet get familiar with brushing their teeth.
How To Clean Vizsla’s Teeth?
Cleaning your Vizsla’s teeth is not as difficult as it may seem. You can do this by using a toothbrush and special dog toothpaste designed for your Vizsla’s teeth. The best way to go about this is to start brushing their teeth from an early age to get familiar with the process.
The steps that will help you to clean your Vizsla’s teeth are:
- First, you need to put a little bit of dog toothpaste onto your finger. In this way, your Vizsla will be familiar with the taste of toothpaste.
- The second step involves putting the toothbrush in their mouth and gently brushing back and forth against their teeth at least two times every week. Again, you should start with one minute for each session as your pet gets familiar with it.
- Once your pet is familiar with the process, you can increase it to two minutes for each session. It will be a good idea to do this at least once or twice a day as brushing their teeth alone cannot remove all plaque and tartar from their mouth.
Why Should I Clean My Vizsla’s Teeth?
Your Vizsla will have better breath, stay healthier and happier with clean teeth. It can also extend their life by up to two years if you keep them in good condition.
- Prevents Bad Breathe
- Prevents Dental Disease
- Helps To Keep His Mouth Clean
- Keeps His Teeth Healthy and Stronger
- Softer Gums And Lips
- Less Likely to Have Tartar Build-Up on Their Teeth.
- Less Likely of Gingivitis or Periodontal Disease, Which Causes Tooth Loss.
Some Tips For Cleaning Your Vizsla’s Teeth:
Sometimes your Vizslas might not be familiar with brushing their teeth. In such cases, they might become aggressive when you approach them with a toothbrush. So, here are some tips that can help you in cleaning your Vizsla’s teeth:
- Start brushing your pet’s teeth from a young age so that they get familiar with it.
- Never squeeze the toothpaste into their mouth, instead put a small amount of paste on your finger and let them lick it off slowly.
- Always use toothpaste made for dogs and not people.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush specifically designed for dogs.
- Gently rub the brush over your dog’s teeth and gums to remove any buildup of tartar or plaque that may be there. You can also use water mixed with baking soda as it serves the same purpose as dog toothpaste.
- Make sure you brush your Vizsla’s teeth at least two times a week to avoid any severe damage.
How Can I Clean My Vizsla’s Teeth At Home?
There are plenty of ways that you can care for your dog’s teeth at home.
One of them is to give your dog a drink that contains water and toothpaste (make sure it’s for dogs). Another way would be to let your dog chew on some rawhides or other toys with edible treats such as peanut butter inside the toy. So, they can clean their teeth off without needing much effort.
What Is The Best Teeth Cleaner For Vizsla?
There are a few products that you can use to clean your dog’s teeth from home. It includes baking soda with water in his mouth or toothbrush and liquid toothpaste or using a product like Greenies to help clean their teeth.
How Can I Clean My Vizsla’s Teeth Without Brushing?
If you don’t have a toothbrush for your dog, then they can use the following: baking soda with water in his mouth or liquid toothpaste and let it sit on their teeth for two minutes before brushing off.
What To Put In Vizsla’s Water To Clean Teeth?
Adding apples, oranges, or carrots to their water can help them maintain good dental health. It would be best if you also considered giving them chew toys and rawhide bones that they can gnaw on instead of your furniture. Picking up after yourself when you walk in the house and taking your shoes off before walking on the carpets can also help.
How Can I Reduce The Plaque On My Vizsla’s Teeth?
There are many ways to reduce plaque, such as using a product like Greenies with DentaShield designed to do just that or by giving your Vizsla a grain-free diet.
What Do Vets Use To Clean Vizsla’s Teeth?
Veterinarians usually have the means to clean your dog’s teeth at their office. But they will also prescribe some products for you if needed, such as toothpaste or chewing toys that promote good oral health.
What Is The Cost Of Cleaning Your Vizsla’s Teeth?
The cost will vary from vet to vet, and it depends on what is wrong with the dog. At a minimum, you should expect that it would be at least $150 for teeth cleaning alone. Dental work such as extractions or fillings can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
In conclusion, there are many ways to clean your Vizsla’s teeth. You can do this at home, by a vet or even using things you have around the house such as apples and carrots. It would be best to consider giving them chew toys that they can use to help themselves keep their mouth clean from plaque and tartar buildup.
If you ever have any questions about how to care for their teeth, make sure you contact your vet. For more information on Vizsla’s care, visit our blog post-Vizsla Puppy Care Guide